OXY-ROBOT test bench application to simulate the external human breath for research purposes.
For scientific research, which requires the use of human respiration under various loads, an OXY-ROBOT test bench is used to simulate human external respiration. Simulation of the human breath is necessary for the purpose of testing respiratory protection devices (breathing apparatus) and their elements in various operating modes from rest to “extreme” loads, while the number of transitions between modes is not limited during a separate test. All this eliminates the need to use volunteer testers and risk of their injury, especially when developing new breathing equipment or upgrading it.
There are also a number of research tasks that are difficult or impossible to solve with the voluntary testers use, due to test conditions or increased risk to health and life:
- conducting research and breathing apparatus testing at “rest” loads, when the operating time may exceed 4 hours or more;
- ensuring repeatability of measurements during testing and research, creating identical parameters of human external respiration during an unlimited number of experiments;
- checking the maximum protection time of the breathing apparatus;
- checking the performance of respiratory devices that have been subjected to external influences of various types (mechanical, thermal, significant pressure drop, etc.);
- experimental study parameters and protection time of the breathing apparatus after breaks of various duration;
- testing breathing apparatus with an expired warranty.